“You can put suspenders on a salamander, but it still won't make waffles.” Dave Barry

Monday, March 2, 2015

Burgers & Ties


Every man needs a third place. And for that matter, sometimes we even need a fourth and fifth place as well. If you are unfamiliar with this concept, I'll break it down for you:

Your first place is typically home. It's where you sleep, dress, and spend time with family. Your second place is your place of business - most likely the place you spend most of your time away from home. For many, a third place could be a club of some sort, an athletic activity, or a hobby. For me, it's running. I try to get out for a run three mornings or nights each week. It keeps me healthy, and sane. 

Then, once a month or so I like to get together with friends for a burger and a few drinks. Each month someone else will pick a place where we may or may not have gone before. It's a good way to see the guys, and to enjoy a tasty burger.

A few months ago I wore a tie to one such outing. The next time a couple more of the guys were in ties. By the time we were planning our next outing we had named the "club" Burgers & Ties.

I figured this was a good first post for my new blog, Jack of Clubs. It's been a while since I have blogged regularly, and I missed it. I'm going to write about the things I enjoy most - food, clothes, baseball, music, books, a certain political drama currently in its third season on Netflix. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.

Isaac is a winner in a plaid bow tie
Fries
The classic Burger Joint burger
Mike & Josh rock classic straight ties
Laurence & Isaac - bow-tied, but out of beer
Your fearless author (left) and his bow-tied burger buddy



No comments:

Post a Comment